March 18, 2007

It Took a Village - Mouse in My House Part III


Five baited mouse traps, four trays of d-Con, three sticky mouse pads, two freak-out calls to my parents and grandparents, and one visit from Karl of Quik Auto Center to fill the holes under my sink with spray-foam was all it took to take care of my little mouse situation.
All that, and a partridge in a pear tree.

Who would have known what a community-building exercise a mouse-infested house could be? My boss, the on-air talent I work with, Derk from Pest Control, Pat of Kelly's Hardware, Graig from the Red Apple Market, Karl of Quik Auto, my grandparents and parents all took part in helping me take care of my rampant rodent issue.

Those mice had some good moves, but, in the end, they didn't know what they were up against. They thought they were facing one wimpy little P. They were really facing a village.
Thank you, village.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home