March 12, 2007

Mouse in My House


There are mice in my house. Alot. Of mice. In fact, I just discovered that I'm looking at two mouse poops on my bed right now. That does NOT make Pauline happy. At all.


I put out three traps and two big trays of d-Con yesterday. I dreaded getting home from work today to find out whether I had caught anything. Either way, I felt like it would be a bad thing. If I didn't catch anything, it meant they were still running around, pooping on bed spreads and stuff. If I did catch something, that meant I had to pick up a dead mouse and throw him away...possibly with guts hanging out or splattered all over my carpet.


I had put a trap under the sink where I think they're coming from, baited with peanut butter. I wished I hadn't, because that meant I actually had to open a door to find out whether I had a dead mouse or not. What if he was hiding in there and when I opened the door, he ran over my little bare feet?


Solved that problem by getting a chair to stand on and the long PVC pipe that holds the back door shut to open the cupboard. I opened it cautiously to find that I hadn't caught anything, and, under closer inspection, that the mouse had still somehow eaten all the bait off the trap. Cute. I was impressed and disgusted, all at once. But this poop on my bed spread is a whole new low. Maybe I should sleep in the guest room tonight. I do NOT want to wake up to a mouse climbing up on my bed!

Tomorrow, I'm pulling out all the stops. I don't know what they are yet, but they're comin' out.

1 Comments:

At 6:44 AM, Blogger julie said...

i have so never had a mouse in my bedroom, but if i did, i would so not be sleeping there. you're brave. i applaud you. you'll get through this.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home